How to Stay Healthy When Dinning Outadmin
Eating out is part of our lives. We eat out because it’s quick, convenient, and fun. It would be fair to say that some of your meals will be eaten away from home. The following are some healthy suggestions as you dine-out and eat on the go:
- Order sandwiches on whole wheat or whole grain bread.
- Say “NO” to fried foods. Baked, roasted, steamed, and grilled are healthier and will help you reach your desired goal of fat loss.
- Avoid all cream based sauces and soups.
- Don’t be shy about making special requests concerning the ingredients in your meal and how the meal is prepared.
- Confirm that the restaurant does not add MSG, for flavor or as a preservative, to the foods they serve.
- Have appropriate dressing and sauces served on the side, so you can control the amount you eat or skip them completely.
- Eat slowly, it is more beneficial for absorption and digestion.
- Makes sure that your food is not cooked in butter and that they do not add butter when they serve.
- Use vinegar and oil as a dressing for your salad.
- Do not eat foods that are breaded or fried.
- Ask for substitutions; such as a salad or steamed vegetables instead of fries. If they cannot substitute as them to leave the fries off your plate.
- Choose mustard for your sandwiches, do not eat mayonnaise.
- Chinese food may seem like a good choice, but many dishes are deep fried, and filled with MSG.